Saturday, January 29, 2011

13

I should probably mention this soundtrack for 'Monsters' film, scored by Jon Hopkins.
I don't like such kind of films and I'm not into soundtracks that much.
But this is an exception.



I have listened to the soundtrack for like one hundred times, but haven't watch the film until now. I downloaded it to watch later and pressed play just to check the quality, but I couldn't turn it off. There is this tension between despair and hope. And it is filmed in a very beautiful and exiting manner.



Jon Hopkins says, that his favourite scene in the movie is where the girl wakes up by the water just after the first encounter. "It has the most beautiful dawn and she stands up and looks at the sky. For me that was such an amazing moment to score. I put my favorite piece of music into that point of the film."

No comments:

Post a Comment